Monday, April 3, 2017

Wow! I did not realize it had been since November since I posted. Lots of things going on in our lives. 

We sold our old house (losing my shop in the meantime) and bought a newer one in a much nicer neighborhood. In addition to that, I have had to have shoulder surgery to repair a torn (split in half, actually) rotator cuff, as well as a torn bicep muscle. So my carving has gone by the wayside. I have been drawing, so I can get started on my new projects sometime in the near future. I will have a recovery time until at least the end of April. Then I have at least 3 months of therapy to get the proper strength and movement back in my shoulder. 

Anyway, I should be back up soon. In the meantime, I shall have to post some of my drawings or other things I am working on. Having 6 weeks off of work has given me a new and fresh perspective on retirement. I will honestly say, I can't wait until retirement. I will have plenty to do and not having to punch that old time clock day after day will be a blessing. My wife and I have some contemplation to do to make sure we are prepared, financially, for retirement, but both of us are excited to do this. Of course we have a few more years, but that gives us enough time to prepare for it and make sure we should be OK in terms of not having to be put in the poor house.

Talk to y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment