Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted anything.

We moved to a new house (with all the work that takes) and are trying to sell our old one. That may take longer, although I hope not. I have not been carving as much as I want, but I have been doing some small things, such as Christmas ornaments and Scout leader bolo ties.

I taught a class at Woodcraft on Santa ornaments. It went well, and I really enjoyed the new carving students. It was a pleasure having Andrea and her husband Bruce, as well as Debbie, Fred, Rex, Lisa, Aly Sha, and a few other students in class. We laughed and joked and learned a little about each other as well as learning how to carve. Carving a face is always difficult, but we kept it fairly simple and I think everyone did a good job. It will be fun when we get to paint them. That's when you always see the carving really take on a life of its own.

The picture below is not one of ours, but it is similar so you get the idea.

                                     Image result for santa carved christmas ornaments
 
Anyway, let's get back to carving (but first emptying the packing boxes). Have a great day. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment