Thursday, June 28, 2012

Something New


I thought I would create a fireman carving for a friend of mine. John Walker and I go back a long way; in fact, he was the best man at my wedding in '84. Since then we have not spent a great deal of time together. However, our friendship is the sort that when we talk or get together, it is as if no time has elapsed. He wanted a carving of a fireman, and this is one I made of a Peter Ortel (retired NY firefighter) design. Eventually, I will post a carving of one I will create with John's (Doc) ideas incorporated. For now, I hope you like him.

I also created a Norwegian character and a bottle stopper as well. These carvings were done in the past week, and were really fun to create. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Feel free to comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment