Friday, June 15, 2012

New Carvings

Wow! I had a great time at Kennewick, Washington, for their annual Tri-Cities Rendezvous. The Rendezvous is a 3 day carving event, with a chance to teach or take 4 carving classes. I had a chance to teach a class and took two others.What a great bunch of folks at the Tri-Cities Woodcarving club in Kennewick, Washington. Thanks for letting me attend and teach a class. See ya next year, same spot, same time.

Here I am teaching my class at the Rendezvous.

 Ken Peterson is taking a Native American class from Ron Lunde, owner of Cascade Carvers Supply, in Kennewick, Washington.

Bob Rudkin is enjoying his turning class, turning out several Chinese balls, which are balls within another ball.

This was my winning entry in the carving contest at Tri-Cities Rendezvous. I am quite proud of him.

I finally finished my first viking warrior. I will definitely be doing more of them, as he was fun to do. There are so many possibilities with these characters.

This is my first attempt at a Norwegian Santa Claus, loosely based on a Harley Refsal character from his book "Whittling Little Folk". He is a neat character that needs a good home.

 

2 comments:

  1. Eric Thanks for posting the pictures of the Rondezvous in the Tri Cities. I carved with you while you were teaching the "no see-ums ". It was great carving and chatting with you.
    Happy Carving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karla! It was great seeing your walking stick carvings and great chatting and carving with you. Hope to see you at Tri-Cities next year.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete