Saturday, October 5, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

Like everybody else, it has been a busy time around these parts. I have finished a few carvings, but many have not been painted. I started a woodcarving/woodworking club at school (6th-8th graders), and have taught two classes for Woodcraft (through the Community Education program of the Boise School District). Here are a few carvings.

 These horses are my version of Dave Stetson's caricature horse. I changed some things to suit me.

 I carved this little guy from a blank that I got from Dave Disselbrett in Salem, Oregon when I went to the Tri-Cities Woodcarving Rendezvous in June 2013.


 This fella is a companion to my red-headed cowgirl I carved some time ago. I will have to put them on a base together.
Anyway, I hope you like them. More coming later.

No comments:

Post a Comment